1. I am new to growing orchids. How often should I water? How much sunlight does my orchid need?
The American Orchid Society is a rich resource for information on the varieties we sell here at Palmer Orchids. For beginners, AOS culture sheets are often a good place to start when searching for basic information on some of the most common orchid genera. AOS also provides "Novice Culture Sheets" on Cattleya, Dendrobium, Paphiopedilum, Phalaenhopsis species and general information on watering.
2. What Kinds of Orchids does Palmer Orchids offer?
At Palmer Orchids, we offer a unique selection of orchids from the Cattleya alliance, as well as Dendrobiums, Phals, Oncidiums, various hybrids, and rare species. Vandaceous orchids--Vandas and their relatives--are our speciality. For photographs of our plants, check out the galleries of our orchid varieties.
3. Our orchid society is planning a bus excursion. Can we visit Palmer Orchids?
Palmer Orchids would love to have your group visit our greenhouses. Please contact us in advance to schedule your group's visit.
4. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, as well as purchases by debit and with cash.
5. Do you sell growing supplies?
Yes. We carry a limited supply of growing materials, including potting mix, sphagnum, fertilizer, and bloom booster. We also have a selection of baskets, clay pots, and decorative orchid pots available for purchase.
6. Where can I find a wholesale price list?
For information on buying wholesale, contact our office at (941) 322-1644. A current copy of your Resale Certificate for Sales Tax is required before accessing this information.
7. I've emailed/left a message with your offices. How long can I expect to wait for a response?
Depending on the season and the nature of your request, it may take between 3-5 business days for us to respond to your message. Though our retail staff is limited, we do our best to keep up with customer demand and appreciate your patience.
8. Do you ship orchids? What are your shipping charges?
Yes. Shipping is billed at cost, plus packing charges. Costs vary by weight and box size and change with each order. To order orchids shipped directly, please contact our greenhouse manager, Elfi, with the specifics of your order.
9. Do you have gift certificates?
Yes. Please submit a message with your gift certificate request through our contact page. Include your name and phone number and we'll call you as soon as possible to complete the purchase.